Then contact us and we can talk about all available research opportunities within our group.
If you are interested in a BSc project (πτυχιακή) then you should fill in this application form.
Available student projects (update 06.2017)
- A Physics undergrad is needed for research using the UoA nuclear moments database. Main tasks will be the update of the database with current spectroscopic data of lifetimes (from NuDAT), nuclear masses (AME2016) and nuclear charge radii. Some familiarity with HTML is a plus. Trends of data in specific datasets will be compared to particular model predictions.
- A Physics or Computer Science undergrad with experience on Linux and C/C++, python or bash script languages is needed for a project dealing with nuclear data. Main focus will be the addition of plotting capabilities to the UoA database
- A Physics or Geology undergrad is needed for the analysis of mineralogical data from ultra-luminus synchrotron studies. Main focus will be microXRF mapping data from Kolumbo underwater volcano.
- Several projects are available for environmental radioactivity studies with mobile or stationary gamma-spectroscopy systems
- Several translation projects are available focusing on the development of an informational website on Medical Physics/Radiation Protection